Because everyone wants to levitate their cupcakes. Here's a picture of cupcake levitation in action:
Before you levitate em though, you gotta bake em. And here's how you bake my perfect cupcakes...
What you need for 12 cupcakes:
100g of butter
100g of sugar
100g of flour
3 tablespoons full of milk
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
A splash of lemon juice
And here's what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2. Place the butter and the sugar in a bowl and cream them together.
3. Add the eggs, the vanilla, the milk, the lemon juice and the salt. Whisk together until nice and light and airy. Taste a little bit; if it's not sweet enough for your tastes add a little bit more sugar but you don't really need to.
4. If you have one, put the cupcake cases into a muffin tin, and if you don't you can just lay them out on a baking tray. Distribute the cupcake mix evenly among them - about 2 to 3 teaspoons full of mix in each case.
5. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. When the tops are golden brown and a metal skewer/fork poked through the cake comes out clean, the cakes are ready. Leave them to cool.
When the cakes are cooled, you can add the icing.
I used a simple butter cream (17g of unsalted butter whisked together with 280g of icing sugar) piped onto my cupcakes with a piping bag and a star shaped nozzle, but if you aint got one of them, just spread it on with a knife.
Finish off with generic sprinkles: I used stars and hundreds and thousands, as you do.
And the levitation bit? Meet my brand new, super nifty extendable fork from Tiger. Because who DOESN'T want one of them in their life???